Last modified: June 28, 2023
Telegia Communications, Inc. (“Telegia” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy notice.
This Privacy Notice (our “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect, use, maintain, protect, disclose, or otherwise process about you when you visit our website telegia.com and our online business interface located at https://onering.alphastack.com/login and use our communication services, including our fixed wireless, hosted PBX, fiber internet, temporary broadband, managed services, and other similar services (collectively along with the Websites, our “Services”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, disclosing, or otherwise processing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- when you use our Services;
- when you are listed as an employee, owner, director, officer, or independent contractor of another company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit or government agency (a “Business Entity”), even if you don’t use our Services;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us, including on or through our Services; and
- through desktop applications you download from our Websites (including Communicator, our virtual phone and communications application), which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and parts of our Services; and
- when you otherwise interact with or use our Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Telegia or any third-party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us;
- your employer, if you access and use our Services through your employer; or
- any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Services.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using these Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of these Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
While our Services may be used by children under the age of 18 as part of the services obtained by their parent or other legal guardian, children under the age of 18 are not allowed to register for our Services and our Services are not intended to be used by such children without the consent of their parent or guardian. Telegia does not know if a child under the age of 18 is using the Services, and all expected use of the Services by a child under the age of 18 is for the internal operations of the Services, including to perform network communications. Accordingly, no one under age 18 may register to obtain the Services without appropriate consent from their parents or guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data directly from children under 18 not otherwise necessary for the internal operations of the Services. If you are under 18, do not register to use or directly provide any information on our Services or on or through any of its features without consent of your parent or guardian, including providing us with your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received such Personal Data directly from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Throughout this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Data does not include any deidentified or aggregated information.
We collect Personal Data from various sources, including:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through our Services;
- information that we create about you as you use our Services;
- from third parties, for example, our payment processor.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the following types of Personal Data directly from you when you access or use our Services: real name, home or work postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, home or work telephone number, tokenized credit or debit card number (for recurring payments). In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
The Personal Data we collect on or through our Services through:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our Services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services;
- if you contact us, records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Services, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This includes:
- details of your visits to our Websites and use of our Services. This includes browsing history, search history, traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites or use of the Services, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with our Services;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences;
- manage our network, including the Services;
- secure our network and Services; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites or use our Services again.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Session Cookies. Our use of browser cookies also includes “session cookies.” Each time you access the Websites, a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier is placed on your browser. These session cookies allow us to uniquely identify you when you use the Websites (such as to maintain your login state) and track which pages of the Websites you access. Session cookies are required to use the Websites.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Telegia, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Websites Interaction and Performance Monitoring Tools. Our Websites may also use interaction and/or performance monitoring tools (sometimes call tracking scripts, analytics tools, session replay tools, or heatmap tools). These tools execute code in your web browser to help us collect data about your use of and interactions with the pages and content on our Websites. This may include recording your mouse movements, keystrokes, navigation pathways, other actions that you take our Websites, and information automatically transmitted from your web browser to our Websites such as information about your operating system, computer hardware, and browser preferences.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Create About You
We may also create certain information about you. When we associate this information with other Personal Data about you, we consider this information to be Personal Data. This information includes: unique identifiers (account numbers), network traffic logs, IP addresses, and other similar information used by us to operate our Services and bill you (or your employer) for your use of our Services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect Personal Data from third parties, such as service providers who help us maintain and operate our Services, our affiliates, and your employer (if you use our Services through your employer or if your Personal Data is provided to us by your employer to help us manage our relationship with your employer). When we associate this information with other Personal Data about you, we consider this information to be Personal Data. This information includes: real name, alias, current or prior home/work postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, home/work telephone number, account name, title, employer name, and financial information.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide and personalize our Services (including our Websites) and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including the access and use of our Services;
- to support, develop, troubleshoot, and debug our Services;
- to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate new or other products and services;
- auditing relating to your interaction with our Services, including, but not limited to, monitoring your bandwidth usage for billing purposes;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Services and any other products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, and payment processing services. Their privacy policies may be found at https://paysimple.com/privacy, https://alphastack.com/privacy-policy, and https://www.zendesk.com/trust-center/;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Telegia’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Telegia about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Telegia, our customers, or others.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties as part of our providing you with our Services as further described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
We also do not control the collection and use of your Personal Data and other information by third parties who may operate products and services generally accessible through our Services, but who are otherwise not involved in our performance of the Services, such as third-party website providers. If you have any questions about their collection and use of your Personal Data or other information, please contact the responsible third parties directly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your Personal Data and other information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
7. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can review and change some of your Personal Data by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we correct, delete, or otherwise provide you access to any Personal Data that we have collected about you. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also closing and deleting your account (which we cannot do unless and until you or your employer terminates our provision of Services and closes the account). We may not accommodate a request to change or delete your Personal Data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The jurisdiction in which you are a resident or are located may provide you with additional rights and choices regarding your Personal Data. Please see Jurisdiction-Specific Privacy Rights for more Information.
8. Jurisdiction-Specific Privacy Rights
The law in some jurisdictions may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of Personal Data. To learn more about any additional rights that may be applicable to you as a resident of one of these jurisdictions, please see the privacy addendum for your state that is attached to this Privacy Notice.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the additional rights described in the California Privacy Addendum.
9. Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All payment transactions are processed by our third-party payment processor and any payment transactions and customer service communications will be encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on our Services or any other website or service available on or through our Services.
11. Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
In order to provide our Services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may be processed and stored in the United States and federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the United States may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States. By using our Services, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Data outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
Your Personal Data is transferred by Telegia to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data. To ensure your Personal Data is treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice when we transfer it to a third party, Telegia uses Data Protection Agreements between Telegia and all other recipients of your Personal Data.
12. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Websites’ home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Your continued use of our SERVICES following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance to such changes.
13. Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice, have any requests related to your Personal Data pursuant to applicable laws, or otherwise need to contact us, you may contact us at the contact information below or through the “Contact” page on our Websites.
1799 Enterprise St,
Athens, Texas 75751